Passion is the motivational emotion that drives a person to pursue something. As human beings we are passionate about a lot of things. We are passionate about our sports team winning the game, our political views, our religious views and having a fulfilling love life.
What you really want to find how though, is what is your personal passion? What do you feel passionate about that could give you success in business.
- To answer this you must first answer the following:
- What are your interests?
- What do you spend most of your free time doing?
- What would you do every day even if you were not paid to do it?
- What are the issues that you response to with strong emotions?
- Once you know the answer to these questions you should see a pattern begin to emerge. For example, a friend of mine was always obsessed with cars. He got a job at an auto parts store where he would gladly work over time just to be around anything to do with vehicles.
He knew every part by name and serial number and many of the customers would ask for him by name because they trusted his advice.
Before long he went on to open his own auto parts store and even though he started out small, a lot of the customers switched to supporting him until his business grew. My friend’s success was based almost entirely on his passion for vehicles.
Are you passionate about injustice? Perhaps you should pursue a career in law. Are you obsessed with fixing up the house? Maybe you should be a home decorator.
So what do you love to the point of obsession?
If you are able to apply your passion to a business venture, your chances of success are tremendous. Passion will drive you to go above and beyond the call of duty. It will keep you going when your competition gives up.
Passion will sustain you when you hit a rough patch because most businesses will face challenges and it is your passion that will take you through them.
When you discover your passion you will realize it is the greatest fuel for success. If you love what you do you will never work a day in your life because for you it will be like turning a hobby into a career. Not only do you get financial rewards but you will have the joy of doing what you love.